Luxury Guided Crater Rim Walk
- Durata: 6 Ore (circa)
- Codice prodotto: CRW004
- Your own personal guide (suitable for 1-6 people)
- Transport from the CBD in a luxury SUV (30mins)
- Return hotel transfers
- Hot drink at a local cafe
- Light morning tea
- Water bottle to keep
- Gourmet picnic lunch
- Complimentary glass of NZ wine
- Walking sticks and a day bag
You will be picked up from your accommodation by your guide in a private SUV, and entertained with the history of Christchurch on the 30-minute drive out to Sumner/Lyttelton where your walk will commence. Hot drinks are provided at a local café before setting off along the coastal track. Visit the Crater Rim surrounding the caldera of the ancient volcano. Visit the newly restored WWII coastal defense battery, Scotts Hutt, and take in amazing views of the rugged Pacific coastline stretching across Pegasus Bay to the often snow-covered Southern Alps, Lyttelton harbour, and wide expanses of the Pacific Ocean. A gourmet picnic lunch is provided at a picturesque location along the way. Total walking time is approximately 3-4 hours with a 30-minute stop for lunch, before returning to Christchurch City.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
- Comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots (sneakers are fine)
- Comfortable clothes depending on the season (shorts/leggings and a t-shirt)
- A warm layer of clothing and a jacket
- Sunblock and a sun hat
This walk is scheduled 12-months of the year. On days when the weather or track conditions prevent us from walking, we will reschedule or refund in full. We require 48 hours notice for cancellation for bookings of 1 - 6 guests. If cancellation is made within this time frame you will receive a refund less any expenses incurred.
We are happy to cater for special dietary requirements, let us know when you book.