- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CRW007
- Private guided tour for 1-6 people
- Transport from the central city to the walk in a private SUV (30mins)
- Return hotel transfers
- Hot drink at a local cafe
- Light morning tea
- Water bottle to keep
- Gourmet lunch at a local restaurant
- Walking sticks and a day bag if required
You will be picked up by your guide, who will entertain you with the history of Christchurch on the 30-minute drive to the beach-side suburb of Sumner. Enjoy a hot drink at a local café before setting off to visit Taylors Mistake Beach. After a short stop, you will get back in the car and head up to the Crater Rim surrounding the caldera of the ancient volcano. Take in the amazing views of the rugged Pacific coastline stretching across Pegasus Bay to the often snow-covered Southern Alps, Lyttelton harbour and wide expanses of the Pacific Ocean. A short walk is available here for 60 minutes if desired. Next stop is Lyttelton, where you will enjoy a beautiful lunch and a glass of wine at a local restaurant before returning to Christchurch City.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
- Comfortable walking shoes (sneakers are fine)
- Comfortable clothes depending on the season (shorts/leggings and a t-shirt)
- A warm layer of clothing and a jacket
- Sunblock and a sun hat
This walk is scheduled 12-months of the year. On days when the weather or track conditions prevent us from walking, we will reschedule or refund in full. We require 48 hours notice for cancellation for bookings of 1 - 6 guests. If cancellation is made within this time frame you will receive a refund less any expenses incurred.
We are happy to cater for special dietary requirements, let us know when you book.