Waiheke Island Vineyards & Bush Walk
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Waiheke Island, Auckland
- Product code: VineyardsBush
This spectacular 5-hour walk has a little bit of everything – bush, beaches, headlands with sweeping vistas, and wine tasting at two of Waiheke's best-known wineries: Mudbrick Vineyard and Cable Bay Vineyards.
- Enjoy stunning views of the Hauraki Gulf Islands, Great Barrier Island and Coromandel Peninsula.
- Spot sea birds, native plants and, if you’re lucky, orcas or dolphins.
- Explore Atawhai Whenua Forest and Bird and Pio Rehutai Reserves while learning about our regenerating native bush and conservation projects on Waiheke.
- Learn about the history and ecology of the Hauraki Gulf and Waiheke Island.
- Walk through rolling hills to Mudbrick Vineyard and Cable Bay Vineyards to sample their award-winning wines or enjoy a coffee and a bite to eat.
Visitors to Waiheke Island are often surprised by how big it is, and how much there is to see. There are vineyards and forests throughout on the island, but we'll show the best of them on a professionally guided walk that makes the most of your precious time on Waiheke.
Our walks are always small groups so you'll get plenty of time to chat with your guide and follow walkers. We'll point out interesting and unique features of the environment, and if you're a birdwatcher, you'll be busy!Important details:
- If you're in Auckland, catch the 9am Fullers Ferry from downtown (the trip to Waiheke Island takes approximately 35 minutes).
- This walk starts at 9:45am from the Ferry Terminal at Matiatia on Waiheke Island. When leaving the terminal, look for your guide, who will be on your left holding a sign reading: Terra & Tide.
- This walk finishes at 3:00pm at the Ferry Terminal at Matiatia.
- Maximum number of walkers: 8 plus guide
- Recommended for ages 8+.
- Fantastic scenic walk with expert guiding and interpretation
- 2 wine tastings
- Ferry between Auckland and Waiheke Island
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun glasses, hat, sunscreen
- Raincoat (depending on forecast)
- Money for wine tasting and food
About Terra & Tide
Terra & Tide is committed to managing and developing its business in a sustainable manner and to minimising the environmental impact of its activities. It has achieved Qualmark Sustainable Business certification (Silver level).