Kaikōura Helicopters Heli-Picnic
- Duration: 75 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Kaikoura, New Zealand
- Product code: helpic
If you cannot see the departure time you would prefer, please email email@example.com or call us on +64 3 319 6609 for more availability.
Perfect for a romantic getaway, family adventure or group of friends … you will enjoy a unique experience to remember forever.
Fly with Kaikōura Helicopters and enjoy a delicious picnic at altitude amongst the stunning Kaikōura Seaward Ranges with 360-degree views of this unique and rugged coastline. The pilot will choose the best location on the day, where weather conditions are best and the views are finest.
- After a scenic flight around the lower levels of the seaward Kaikōura ranges, land at a secluded landing site.
- Our picnic offers spectacular views of the Kaikōura township and Peninsula. On a fine day, you can look North along the coastline to spot Wellington and South to Banks Peninsula.
- Enjoy a delicious picnic of local cuisine at altitude.
- Relax in the peaceful nature.
- After your picnic, fly back to the helipads, keeping an eye along the coast for the native Hector Dolphins, NZ Fur seals or large schools of fish.
- Please advise on booking any dietary requirements.
Wear sturdy shoes and a warm jacket.
Approx 1hour duration.
Aircraft used is at the discretion of Kaikōura Helicopters
Minimum per person fares are required for flights to depart
Infants aged 0 to 2 years old fly free of charge and are seated on a paying adults lap.
Full terms and conditions can be found on https://gchaviation.com/terms/kaikoura-terms/
Te reo Māori words
Waka Topatopa - Helicopter
Tohorā - Whale
Rere - To Fly
Moana - Sea
Whenua - Land
Hīra - Seal
Ahoaho - Hectors Dolphin
Tiro - View
Raenga Kūiti - Peninsula
Aotearoa - New Zealand
Maunga - Mountain