Lord of the Rings High Country Station Pioneering Experience & Scenic Day Tour from Christchurch (with optional Clydesdale Horses Wagon Ride)
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PLABM1
A truly unique experience in incredible surroundings. Visit a genuine Canterbury high-country sheep station in "Lord of the Rings Middle Earth". Have lunch at the Mt Potts Lodge, alongside Mt Sunday (LOR's Edoras). Take in the sights of back country Southern Alps and braided rivers with an optional Clydesdale Horses Wagon Ride (option available September to May inclusive)
Along the way from Christchurch in our luxurious AWD Mercedes bus, travelling to your destination - Erewhon Station in New Zealand's high country - take in the truly breath-taking scenery from areas like Lake Clearwater, Mt Potts, and Mt Hutt. Incorporates sites from "Lord of the Rings" Edoras: the mythical capital city of the Rohan people.
Fully inclusive price includes:
- Pick up from major Christchurch central city hotels - or hop on before departure outside Canterbury Museum, Central Christchurch (make your selection when booking - can be later amended)
- Scrumptious special lunch (catering for most dietary needs notified at time of booking)
- Morning and afternoon tea and refreshments
- Scenery stops in "Middle Earth" (Lord of the Rings) along the way
- Luxury coach travel at its best in a 4WD Mercedes Benz: to and from destination
- A lively, entertaining and highly knowledgeable tour guide who can relate all the history, myths and legends!
- Free WIFI and USB connection
- Live entertainment, e.g. traditional waiata, from your hosts
OPTIONAL Wagon ride at "Erewhon" station. Prepare to be transported back in time by selecting the optional nostalgic one to two-hour wagon ride, pulled by a team of Clydesdale horses into the spectacular New Zealand back-country highlands. Enjoy a comfortable ride on the sprung wagon with rubber tyres, and lounge-type seats. pulled along by a team of Clydesdale horses providing a unique look at a genuine high country working sheep and cattle station