Hell's Gate Thermal Experience
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
- Product code: THERMAL
Combine the experience of a guided or self-guided interactive tour through our geothermal reserve with a rejuvenating sulphur spa soak afterwards. After walking through New Zealand’s most active geothermal landscape, your body will welcome the revitalising properties of our sulphur mineral water. Experience a taste of what Hell’s Gate has to offer.
- Geothermal walk
- Sulphur spas
- Complimentary Māori carving
- Complimentary Mud foot pool
- Complimentary Cool plunge pool
Complimentary guided-tours run daily at 10:30am and 2:30pm (1 October 2022 – 31 March 2023), subject to availability. Alternatively, a self-guided map is provided on arrival.
- The minimum age for the sulphur spa is 6 months of age. Children must be aged 12 and over to participate in the carving.
- Your swimwear and towels will have a sulphur smell to them after your experience and will need to be cleaned thoroughly. We recommend using old swimwear, or if you have any concerns to hire or buy from Hell’s Gate, subject to availability.
- The chemical makeup of our muds and waters will tarnish most jewellery, particularly silver. We recommend removing it and waiting 24 – 48 hours to put it back on.
- All complimentary services are subject to availability.