Te Urunga-Tu - Sunrise Tour
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Ruatoria, New Zealand, Choose
- Product code: TUTST
*** If you want to join a tour within the next 3 days (72 hours), please contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 22 383 5381.
Maunga Hikurangi is our sacred mountain regarded as the first place in the world to see the sunrise.
With the inclusion of our cultural engagement we provide an experience that is original, authentic, and not experienced elsewhere in New Zealand. You will meet your Ngati Porou kaitiaki (guide) at the base of Maunga Hikurangi
From here, you will be transported by 4WD to the place where our nine large pou (Maori carvings) are situated and where you will watch the sun rise.
With spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, valleys and sunrise, you will engage in Maori tikanga (protocols) and hear the stories of the nine pou which depict the stories of Maui and his adventures.
The experience will enable you to get fully immersed in the nature and culture of the Ngati Porou people and provide an insight into their history and their way of life.
- Minimum 2 ppl required for a tour to proceed (a single booking may be combined with another tour please contact us for available date options)
- Maximum 5 ppl required (maximum number of seats) - For larger groups please email email@example.com
- A light kai (breakfast) is also provided which are common local cuisines and tap into local product.
Very Important Information
This tour is dependent predominantly on weather conditions. Before booking this tour
please ensure that the weather conditions are suitable for the date you wish to
book the tour. Below is a link to a website that offers a 10 day weather
forecast for the Ruatoria region. Please use this website to determine the best
day to do a tour.
If you are booking long-term, a notification email
will be sent to you 10 days before your tour asking that you check the weather
forecast to check conditions for your tour. If weather is not suitable consider
rescheduling to another date.