Poor Knights Small Group Tour & Cruise from Auckland
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: 015CK
Poor Knights Tour. Explore the group of islands Jacques Cousteau named one of his top ten dive and snorkelling spots in the world, on a fully guided small group day tour from Auckland. 22km’s off the coast this nature and marine reserve boasts several ocean archways, the largest ocean cave in the world and amazing marine wildlife that must be seen to be believed. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Poor Knights Islands
- Snorkelling experience or up- grade to a dive experience
- Rico Rico Cave & Maomao Arch
- Wildlife Spotting
1. Auckland - Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the areas top highlights.
2. Whangarei Falls - Exiting Auckland we travel north through the stunning coastal countryside, over mountain ranges with spectacular views out to the Pacific Ocean and several farm animals along the way. Stopping in Whangarei for a quick break we take advantage and visit the very impressive Whangarei Falls.
3. Tutukaka Coast – Continuing north the beautiful scenery continues and our guide will entertain you with interesting information and stories of the area before we arrive at the Tutukaka coast. This rugged coastline with beautiful white sand beaches will take your breath away as we travel to Tutukaka Marina and your departure point for your cruise. Before checking in you will have a short time to look around and enjoy this small village.
4. Poor Knights Cruise – Departing on a magical cruise we travel 22km’s off the coast to the protected Poor Knights Islands. On the way we learn about the region and nature, enjoy the cruise and keep an eye out for the diverse marine life that makes this area so famous including: dolphins, whales, orca, game fish and ocean birds. Arriving at the Poor Knights we will explore its many islands, archways and caves learning the history before settling in a sheltered area to continue the experience. While anchored, how you use this time is up to you. You will have access to snorkelling equipment and glass bottom boards to view the marine life or relax on the boat and have a bite to eat, it’s up to you. You also have the option to upgrade to a dive experience (at extra cost) if you are a keen diver.
5. Auckland – Sadly after this day in paradise we must start to head south again but your day is not over with a fully guided return trip to Auckland including secret stops along the way.
- Small Group Fully Guided Tour
- Cruise tickets
- Bottled Water
- Dive experience upgrade
- 2 day experience including accommodation at Pacific Rendezvous Resort
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.