Glowing Adventures Private Waitomo Glow Worm Cave Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Te Kuiti
- Product code: PP5JRD
Glowing Adventures is located off the beaten tourist track, but still within a short drive of the Waitomo Caves Village and the small towns of Te Kuiti and Otorohanga.
Allow one of our knowledgeable guides to escort your group on an exclusive private tour through beautiful native New Zealand forest and untouched glow worm caves. There are no handrails, no electric lights, and no concrete paths — everything is completely natural.
Private tours are similar to the standard Glowing Adventure Eco-Tour, but consist of just your party, plus a guide.
The caves are untouched. There are no handrails, electric lights, concrete paths, or other modifications, and the tour involves climbing over boulders, up hills and wading through streams. A moderate level of fitness is therefore required.
Allow 3 hours for the tour, of which approximately 2 hours is spent in the cave system.
We provide all the equipment and clothing you need for your adventure, including appropriate clothing, boots, socks, and caving helmet. So once the tour is over you can pop back into your clean clothes and leave us to deal with your dirty laundry!
We also offer shower facilities, hot drinks, and a snack, once the tour is over.
Cameras are welcome on our adventures, as long as they are not too large. A small digital camera is best, and some people even bring their phones to take photos. Our guides will also take photographs during the tour, and digital copies are provided to you at no charge. Keen photographers hoping to bring larger equipment to capture the scenery may wish to consider one of our Glowing Adventures Glow Worm Cave Photography Tours.
- Maximum group size is eight, and minimum group size is two.
- Minimum age is 10 years. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for the elderly or anyone with mobility difficulties. It involves climbing over boulders, walking up hills and wading through streams with rocks underfoot, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
- There is no public transport access to Glowing Adventures, and we are not able to pick people up. You will need your own transport to get to us.