Off the Beaten Track - Waitomo Glowworm Cave Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Te Kuiti
- Product code: PWURYH
Our personalised 3 hour guided tours are for small groups of 2-8 people. We’ll welcome you to our farmhouse and give you all the clothing, footwear and equipment you need.
- Amazing glow worm displays!
- Just the right amount of adventure
- Away from the crowds
- Only 2 - 8 people per group!
- Cameras welcome
- Authentic eco experience
- Family owned and operated
- #1 Trip Advisor rated tour in the Waitomo District
You’ll begin your adventure walking through beautiful native bush, climbing over boulders and wading through the freshwater stream that flows into our cave system.
What’s really special about Glowing Adventures is that we have left our caves in their purest and most natural state. With no concrete paths or electric lighting, this is a genuine eco-adventure into the heart of New Zealand’s magical glow worm environment.
Once inside the caves, you can explore magical glow worm displays and stunning limestone formations at your own pace, stopping to take photos along the way. You’re welcome to bring a small camera along on the tour. Your guide will also take great pictures of your adventure which we’ll email you afterwards for free.
After your tour, enjoy a hot shower and refreshments back at the farmhouse. We love meeting new friends from all over the world and sharing our local knowledge and travel tips.
The incredible cave system on our family farm is one of only two in Waitomo classified as ‘of international significance’ by NZ’s Department of Conservation. Come and experience a true piece of New Zealand paradise!
Glowing Adventures is located off the beaten tourist track, but still within a short drive of the Waitomo Caves Village and the small towns of Te Kuiti and Otorohanga.
- Maximum group size is eight, and minimum group size is two.
- Minimum age is 12 years. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for the elderly or anyone with mobility difficulties. It involves climbing over boulders, walking up hills and wading through streams with rocks underfoot, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
- There is no public transport access to Glowing Adventures, and we are not able to pick people up. You will need your own transport to get to us.