Full Day Private Queenstown and Southern Lakes Photography Tour
- Varighet: 9 Timer (ca.)
- Lokasjon: Queenstown, Otago
- Produktkode: PCFHDD
This full day tour starts when we pick you up at your, Queenstown, Frankton or Arrowtown accommodation. We head straight out to a high vantage point like Skippers Saddle, near Queenstown, to catch the early morning light and spectacular views. Here you will gain a great overview of Queenstown and the Wakatipu Basin; Frankton and Arrowtown, the great Lake Wakatipu, the Remarkables Range and Coronet Peak. This is a chance for our guide to get to know you and your photography level. We discuss destination options, your preferences, the weather and light and pick a direction to head for the day.
You might have a bucket list of places and sights you would like to capture or a theme you would like to follow. Maybe you want to explore old buildings and the gold mining heritage of Queenstown and Central Otago, check out our wine region, capture amazing vistas from the highest points or get in close to a wild river or a mossy beech forest. Of course you can always leave the itinerary up to your guide. He'll know where to find views to take your breath away.
Remarkable Imagery Photography Tours take you to iconic locations and special places only a local could know. Martin Kohn, the company founder has been an artist and graphic designer for many years. After arriving in Queenstown he developed a passion and expertise in landscape photography, which he now shares through Remarkable Imagery Photography Tours. His designer's eye and thirst for exploration mean he knows where and how to capture classic images of our mountains, lakes rivers and forests as well as less well known, off the beaten track locations only a local would know.
Choose from a range of destinations and themes
Our tours are flexible. You can choose from a range of destinations and itineraries or let us know what you want to see. Shoot landscapes, people, history, even your own creative theme. After pickup we discuss your aims for the day, perhaps your own bucket list of locations, a theme, or really capturing the mood of a few special places. We look at what the weather and light are doing on the day and make a decision about where we go and what we're going to shoot.
Some directions we can go on a full day tour:
- WEST toward Glenorchy, Paradise and Kinloch - waterfalls, Lake Wakatipu, Moke lake, Dart and Rees Rivers, gold mining, transport an farming history.
- EAST toward Arrowtown, Crown Range, Gibbston Valley, Cromwell - heritage, vineyards, expansive views, rugged Kawarau Gorge, gold mining.
- UP toward Coronet Peak and Skippers Canyon - heritage, expansive views, alpine tussock landscape, craggy, rugged, vertiginous mountain road.
- SOUTH toward Kingston - Spectacular drive along Lake Wakatipu and base of The Remarkables Range, vistas of mountains, waterfalls, old steam train, climb to alpine tussock and tor country.
- NORTH over Crown Range toward Wanaka - expansive vistas, highest road pass in NZ, heritage, iconic mountain and lake views.
Some themes you could explore:
- Old buildings, gold mining history and heritage
- Vistas from the heights
- Nature in detail
One On One Tours
Sometimes, you want to do your own thing and other times you individual help and advice. All our tours are available on an individual basis. Your guide will work with you to bring home a collection of inspiring and memorable images. It's like going out for a day with your own photography buddy.